This section contains applications for single event, temporary beer and special use permits. Subject to R82-9-201(2)(b), Single Event and Temporary Beer permit applications shall be submitted 30 days before the event to allow sufficient time for processing and approval.

If you have any questions about an application or the process please contact

You must obtain a DABS single event permit if you want to sell liquor (including distilled spirits, wine, flavored malt beverages, or heavy beer) at your public or private event and plan any of the following:

  • Provide a cash bar for your guests
  • Provide alcohol at a hosted bar where alcohol is included in the price of admission
  • Be open to the general public

There are some limitations associated with these permits:

  • Permits are only available for bona fide corporations, partnerships, limited liability corporations, incorporated associations, churches, and political organizations that have been in existence for at least one year prior to the date of application. They are also available to recognized subordinate lodges, chapters, or other local units of these entities.
  • Permits must not be used in lieu of proper licensing.
  • An applicant must have local consent and relevant permits from the local jurisdiction where the event is being held prior to applying to DABS.
  • Permit applications need to be turned into the DABS at least 30 days prior to your event, and the application must be complete before it can be processed. Applications submitted outside of these guidelines risk the non-issuance of a permit. Additionally, due to statutory restrictions, applications received less than 7 business days prior to the event will not be considered. The 7 days do not include the day the application is received and the day of the event.

Single Event Permit Application

To apply, please submit the Adobe form above. Please make sure that all required fields are completed and that all required documents are attached.

Additional forms & documents: