Do you love working in retail, but hate working Sundays? Then come join the most "spirited" agency in the state. The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Services is always on the lookout for excited and qualified people to join our team. DABS stores are closed on Sundays and all state/federal holidays. If you are ready for the challenge of a fast paced work environment use the tools below to apply for one of our many positions.
Full Time PositionsInterested in a full time position at your local liquor store, the DABS warehouse, or the administrative office? Click the link below to browse available openings on the state jobs website.
Browse Full Time Positions
SecurityDABS is hiring for part-time security at our liquor stores. Qualifications
- Engage in store security duties including protection of store employees, customer and merchandise, and property.
- Assist in assuring laws regarding the purchase of alcohol are followed including laws prohibiting sales to minors or impaired (intoxicated) individuals.
- When required in furtherance of this contract, and in accordance with the law, detain individuals pending police involvement.
- Work schedules:
- Days worked varies in accordance with each store's needs.
- Stores operating 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. will have security arrive no earlier than 5:00 p.m. and should remain until all employees have left the premises.
- Stores operating 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. will have security arrive no earlier than 3:00 p.m. and should remain until all employees have left the premises.
- Indemnification for police action will be provided to the same extent as State of Utah employees and as provided under state law as long as the officer acts within his home agency's policy.